Magic Kingdom in one day
1 DAY ITINERARY
If you really want to cover the Magic Kingdom in one day, be warned, it’s a daunting task because of the distances involved. This is specially true in the summer.
1. After leaving the turnstiles, head immediately for the central hub. If the entire park is open, turn right and head for Space Mountain. There might be ropes across areas at the hub. If so, wait at the rope entrance to Tomorrowland and head for Space Mountain when the rope drops. This is an exciting ride for those looking for thrills. Alternatively, if you’d prefer a tamer start, make a beeline for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.
2. After Space Mountain, choose between the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway and the Tomorrowland Arcade. If you have preschoolers, you should head for Fantasyland through Tomorrowland (keep the speedway on your right and turn left at the Mad Tea Party) and ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
3. After Winnie, turn left and head across Dumbo the Flying Elephant toward Peter Pan’s Flight and enjoy the ride.
4. Exit left, head to Liberty Square and visit The Haunted Mansion on the right.
5. On leaving Haunted Mansion, turn to the right and continue to Splash Mountain. If the waiting period is more than half an hour, it might be a good idea at this point to get a Fastpass for this ride. Turn right from here and cross to the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
6. Take the exit from Big Thunder and cross the bridge bearing right to Pirates of the Caribbean. Take the ride.
7. Now you can return to ride the Splash Mountain.
8. After Splash Mountain, backtrack to the Jungle Cruise. If the time slot is right, ride, otherwise see the Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management.
9. Obtain a Fastpass for Mickey’s PhilharMagic and grab a light lunch.
10. By the time lunch is over, you should be due to see Mickey’s PhilharMagic.
11. Afterward, take preschoolers to Mickey’s Toontown. If you have older children with you, take them to the rest of Fantasyland: it’s a small world, Peter Pan’s Flight, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Ariel’s Grotto, or the Mad Tea Party.
12. Cross the central hub to Tomorrowland and obtain a Fastpass ticket for Buzz Lightyear.
13. Visit the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club and Stitch’s Great Escape!, and choose between Astro Orbiter and Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress.
14. Return to ride Buzz Lightyear.
15. Cross the central hub to Frontierland, and find a comfortable, vantage spot to enjoy the full splendor of the afternoon parade.
16. Following the parade, you have a chance to take one last relaxing ride before dinner. Choose between the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland or climb aboard the Liberty Square Riverboat.
17. Following dinner, don’t miss the SpectroMagic Parade. If the park is closing early, view the parade from the Town Square. If it’s open late, it’s a good idea to see the parade from Main Street on the Tomorrowland side so that, when the parade has passed, you can return to the attractions in Tomorrowland, Mickey’s Toontown Fair, and Fantasyland to catch any rides you missed (or ride particular favorites again).
18. Finally, enjoy dinner at the California Grill and watch the fireworks in comfort from the restaurant’s wall of windows overlooking Magic Kingdom.
TOP 10 ATTRACTIONS
1 SPLASH MOUNTAIN
2 BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD
3 BUZZ LIGHTYEAR’S SPACE RANGER SPIN
4 IT’S A SMALL WORLD
5 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
6 SPACE MOUNTAIN
7 THE MAGIC CARPETS OF ALADDIN
8 THE HAUNTED MANSION
9 PETER PAN’S FLIGHT
10 THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH